Thursday, April 9, 2009

How to lose fans and alienate people

Sometimes I listen to the radio program Q, on CBC Radio One. Jian Ghomeshi's a cool host (I stood beside him, once, at a show with Malajube and We Are Wolves, two cool bands), and he has some cool guests on his show. I heard Neil Gaiman on there a couple of months ago. Today was Billy Bob Thornton's turn. His interview was... well, as far from Gaiman-esque as can be. He reams out Gomeshi... then can't play because he doesn't bring his drums around at 6 in the morning. (Um, Q airs at 10. Just saying...)

How do you walk away from this without thinking Thornton's being immature? I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's really tough. The only excuse I can think of is that maybe he got some really bad, personal news, but was unable to cancel the interview. Watch it. I think it's even more painful than Joaquin Phoenix's self-destruction on Letterman. (You'll have to search for that one by yourself. It keeps getting pulled from YouTube.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...