Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WoT, woooot!

This morning's message is brought to you by Dabel Brothers Publishing. The Eye of the World is the first book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and it's being made into a graphic novel. I'm always skeptical when my favourite books get adapted for anything, but sometimes it works (see Stephen King's Dark Tower). There are more images for the WoT preview at Dragonmount.com, but right now I'd have to say I love love love this image of Tam al'Thor finding baby Rand. (Aside: I never really pictured Tam as a young guy. He was always grizzled in my imagination.)


There's blood on the snow outside Tar Valon, the Aiel have finally lifted their siege, and Rand has just been born on the slopes of Dragonmount. If I have one quibble, it's that Tigraine isn't in the picture. Did she give birth and fling Rand away before she died? Oh well. It's a minor quibble.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...