Sunday, January 17, 2010

Man-colds, accidents, and Haiti

So what's up with the January resolutions? So far I'm doing alright with most of them. This will be my third blog post of the year, so obviously I'm not coming through on my blogging goal, but I have excuses aplenty. Of course. Really, I was wiped from inventory at work last week, and this week I've been sick. Actually, my publisher asked me yesterday if I had a "man-cold", which is apparently a regular cold that seems to morph into a super-cold when a man gets it. Hehe... I've probably had a couple of those, but this one was the real thing.

Anyway, while I was zonked out, I actually managed to get a fair amount of reading, writing, and drawing done, so I have high hopes of delivering some serious results when I have my month-in-review recap.

As far as work is concerned, I was really, really glad an incident like this one did not occur in our warehouse during inventory.



What an absolute mess.

In other news, I'll be donating my talents (if that's the word) as a photographer for a fundraiser for Haiti come Thursday night. I'll try to post something here leading up to the event if I can. For anyone out there reading, I'm sure the Red Cross, or any of the other organizations listed on this page,would appreciate your support.

Lastly, it's possible you've seen this by now if you're at all aware of North American media, but just in case, here is a fantastic retort to some surprisingly insensitive remarks about the Haitian crisis.



That's quite the smackdown. And that's all the time I have at the moment. Tune in next time, and in the meantime, I wish you all a great end to the weekend.

2 comments:

mel said...

wow. that commentary at the end. wow. i don't know whether to pick my jaw off the floor or cheer...and in what order.

Errant Knave said...

hehehe... yeah, I agree. I cheered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...