Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five links for Wednesday

I thought I'd post some of the links that have caught my eye in the last few days. Despite the pattern, I don't plan on making a habit of this link-sharing. But it's something to do while eating lunch and having a great english muffin practically stuffed with peanut butter and jam. (Long story. Never mind.)

-To me, the Super Mario games are second only to anything Zelda-related. But in case you ever wondered what it would be like to play Super Mario as Link, or Samus, or Megaman (!!!), well, wonder no more. They have that now.

-There is a Firefly re-watch at Tor.com. This week's episode is full of the show's trademark humour and banter. And what with Mal going to the Special Hell, Jayne offering his most favourite gun, and Christina Hendricks in her pre-Mad Men days, I'd forgotten all about Inara smooching Captain Tightpants. One of the best lines? Mal to Jayne: "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." Get acquainted with Mrs. Reynolds.

-Thanks to Book Madam & Associates for this. (WARNING: Artsy content, yet possibly NSFW, depending on where you work.) Fairytale Heroine Pin-ups.

[Edit: I just took a better look at these. They're on the racy side. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but now you know what to expect. What I'm wondering is how these good on Book Madam's blog about books and publishing. "Fairytale" = Book connection? Seems like a bit of a stretch. Curiouser and curiouser.]

-Oh, the irony: The (old) Tea Party was actually against imperialism.

-Writers of fiction, take note. The Faster Times presents its rankings of literary magazines that are best for fiction and submissions. Not surprising: The New Yorker tops the list. Surprising: Playboy is up there. I thought they cut back on fiction years ago.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...