Saturday, February 26, 2011
- You know who else isn't a morning person? God. Check it out. And check out the rest of Welcome to Hereafter. Who doesn't love gods behaving badly?
- Free parenting tips from ninjas. Or, ninjas have no pity.
- As much as I don't want to start a new, unfinished series right now, it's getting hard to ignore the raves about The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. I keep hearing about it. It's on my list of things to read, and just in time for the sequel, The Wise Man's Fear.
- This week is the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, so here is a collection of art about our favourite left-handed swashbuckler in green, Link. Confession time: my first introduction to Zelda and Co. was through a Saturday morning cartoon. I didn't play a Zelda game until Ocarina of Time (still one of my all-time faves). Got a problem with that? Well excuuuuuse me, Princess! (God... that phrase is annoying when it's repeated too often.)
- If rogues are your thing too, have you read Star Crossed, by Elizabeth C. Bunce? It isn't a book I would normally pick up, but reading about comparisons to other loveable rogues like Aladdin and Flynn Rider has piqued my interest.
- More rogues: The Dragon Age 2 demo is available for download. This game looks great, and I'm really liking the concept art. This trailer is pretty cool, too:
- Lastly, do you know of Serena Ryder? Well, she isn't featured in her video, but it's her voice singing the song. It's a cover of No Air by Jordin Sparks. It's nice, but in a depressing kind of way. You know what? That suits me just fine right now.
Have a great weekend, everyone!