Saturday, November 12, 2011

Working, but not on this

This isn't going to be much of an update because I'm at work, taking advantage of a weekend shift so I can have some extra time during the Christmas holidays.

There's some stuff I want to tell you about (mostly the graphic novel I worked on), but that has to wait a few more days until I know it's in store. In the meantime, I'm spending a bit of this weekend illustrating the cover for an upcoming children's book. That's completely of out of the blue. The deadline for it is Monday, a whole two days after I started it, and while I'm happy to do the work, I'm not sure how good the illustration will be by then. I don't want to put out average work.

But enough about me. There isn't much I can update you on before I get to putter around my office for the rest of the day, so I'll leave you with the Song of the Week: Sail, by AWOLNATION.

I'm giving myself a mulligan this week, and using a song that's actually pretty old by now. I hated this song at first. I guess it grew on me, but I'm mentioning it here for two reasons: One, the intro reminds me of the intro to Cold as Ice, by Foreigner. Two, it sounds A LOT like the theme music for The Last of the Mohicans. (This is a spoilery clip, so only go from 4:32 to 4:50.)

1 comment:

mel said...

Illustrating a book cover?! Awesome!
Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
P.s. any interest in a dinner /potluck/night of drinks with frank and katie and us sometime in the future? before "the holidays" take away all of our free time?
Let me know :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...