Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pulling Strings

One of my resolutions this year was to get back to my piano and violin roots. I've neglected both instruments over the last few years, and that's a shame. With that in mind, here's an article I read while back. It has to do with violins, our busy lives, and a social experiment by the Washington Post. (I found out about this from Amanda Palmer, one half of the Dresden Dolls. Read her blog. )

You can also watch the video on YouTube.

Keeping with the string themes, there's a lovely article in today's Toronto star about the plight of violists. You know, the orchestra members who play those things that look like violins on growth hormones. They sound beautiful. My old violin teacher played the viola as well. He loved it, and I liked the sound of it, and I'd recently been thinking of buying a used one. The article was great timing for me.

That's about it on the strings section, but as a follow-up to my last post about Julie Wilson and her Indigo incident, the issue has been resolved.

Tune in next time to hear a bit about kind dentists and their escalating bills.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...