- San Fransico Giants closer and resident oddball, Brian Wilson, has a terrific web site. And by terrific, I mean absolutely weird. Maypole maidens? Dueling ninjas? A Beard Sherpa? Brian's got it all.
For more Brian, please watch this special appearance. Quite frankly, I think George Lopez must be doing his absolute best to make a hash of this, so please ignore everything the host says.
- Think darts are girly? Try axe throwing. Yes, there is a Backyard Axe Throwing League. Yes, it's legit. It's even insured.
- Uh-oh. The WHO lists cell phone use in the same "carcinogenic hazard" category as lead, engine exhaust and chloroform. That can't be good. Here are a couple of charts so you can find your cell phone's radiation level.
- Wicked awesome, of course. (Re: Last week's post, containing Mad Libs.)
- Cute Baby Break. Jude finds his tongue in the mirror:
- I'm still against Warner Bros. splitting the last Harry Potter film in two, but I'm still looking forward to watching the final installment of the series. That's it, you guys. It will be over. Finito. It's certainly been a while coming, and at least one of the cast members is reacting to the curtain call in a classy manner. That would be Alan Rickman, a man to make the ladies swoon (or so I've heard), with his recent thank you letter to J.K. Rowling.
- I don't know how many of you are into house and electronic music, but I recommend The Deep North blog. You'll find all kinds of tracks and nuggets from DJs and producers. Check out Dick Diamonds in particular.
- Current read: The Divine Comedy, by Dante. Shocking news: Dante's Inferno is nothing like Dante's Inferno. Judge for yourself.
|Historical Dante (aka Dante the Poet)|
|Gamer Dante (aka Dante the Bold)|
- Song(s) of the Week:
I was THIS close to panicking and doing something crazy like declaring no Song of the Week. I scoured the interweb and it was either cancel this week's entry or submit something that was unworthy of the title. Not to worry. Making their second appearance on the blog this year, here is Foster the People:
But wait! There's more! Technically, this next song was posted here a few weeks ago, but now there's an official video to go with it, and boy is it a doozy. It was shot all in one take, and it is fun, fun, fun. Good work, Hollerado. Please enjoy.
That's all for now, my fine readers. I'm heading out (yay) for a dentist appointment (boo) that might hurt (please, no). Stay classy.
EDIT: It hurt like you wouldn't believe.